Mocha, also known as mocaccino, is a chocolate-flavoured variant of caffe latte. The name is derived from the city of Mocha, Yemen, which was one of the centers of early coffee trade.
Have you ever wondered what the flavour difference is between mochaccino and cappucino? A moccachino is a sweet and velvety combination of a mocha and a cappucino: the sweet chocolate of the mocha and the intense flavour of the espresso and soft foam sensation of the cappuccino.
1. 50ml of espresso
2. 150ml of milk
3. 20g of chocolate spread
4. 10ml of syrup
5. 1/3 cup of ice cubes
6. An appropriate amount of Oreo cookie crumbles
7. Whipped cream
2. Coffee capsules
3. Your pretty glass
4. Measuring cup
Step 1：Spread the chocolate sauce along the rim of the glass and fill with 1/3 cup of ice.
Step 2：Add milk and syrup to measuring cup and stir well.
Step 3：Pour the milk mixture from the previous step into your pretty glass.
Step 4: Fill the water reservoir of the Outin Nano portable electric espresso maker with fresh water. We recommend adding 50ml of water to make Iced mochaccino.
Step 5: Insert the espresso capsule into the designated slot on the Outin Nano portable espresso maker. Make sure it is inserted properly and securely.
Step 6: Place the espresso cup under the portable electric espresso maker, and press the button for 3 seconds. When you hear a beep, the water begins to heat. It takes about 3 minutes to heat 50 ml of water. Once heated, the Outin Nano portable espresso maker will automatically extract the espresso.
Step 7：Add espresso to your pretty lovely glass.
Step 8：Add whipped cream and Oreo cookie crumbles on the top of it.
Some tips for making Iced Mochaccino：
1. Generally speaking the best milk to do this with is full cream. The higher fat your milk, the richer and creamier your drink will be. But a delicious mocha can still be created using low fat or dairy free alternatives. Feel free to experiment with different milk options such as almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk to suit your dietary preferences. Enjoy your refreshing ice mochaccino with espresso!
2. The chocolate is much easier to combine when the coffee is hot. If you don’t want your ice cubes to melt and water down your mocha, freeze some coffee in an ice tray ahead of time and use those instead!
3. This can also be made with chocolate powder instead of chocolate sauce; however, I have found the sauce tastes better if you really want a stronger chocolate taste.（If you use powder, again, mix it with the hot coffee then pour it into the cup.）
4. Cream is optional, but a little splash adds a really delicious richness to the coffee.
5. Highly recommend using a strong, high-quality coffee capsule for your mocha to give it the best flavor.
6. Don't forget to adjust the taste! You know your taste buds best, so always adjust this recipe accordingly. And if you want to add even more deliciousness to this drink, like whipped cream or extra chocolate sauce, just do it! You can also customize this recipe by adding other flavors such as vanilla extract or caramel syrup to give your ice mochaccino a unique twist.
Now it's time to enjoy your homemade iced mochaccino with Outin Nano portable electric espresso maker!